WHAT IS A BACK ADJUSTMENT?
A chiropractic adjustment may include several techniques to achieve proper alignment of the spine and reduce pressure on discs, vertebrae, or nerves. The typical adjustment involves:
- High velocity, short impulses to a vertebra.
- Audible popping sound. The "crack" you hear. This sound is the release of gas trapped in the joint.
- Usually a relieving sensation, but some people experience minor discomfort if the surrounding muscles lock up or if the patient tenses up during the treatment.
The adjustment is made to a joint or vertebra that is locked or not moving correctly to restore normal joint motion.
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO TO SEE A FULL BODY ADJUSTMENT!
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED WITH AN ADJUSTMENT?
A chiropractic adjustment can be beneficial in many cases, especially when combined with other forms of therapy (rehab exercises, cupping therapy, graston, etc). Chiropractic adjustments can treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Pregnancy-related pain and sciatica
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Car accident injuries